Last modified: February 20, 2016
The App is offered and available only to users that are 13 years of age or older. By using the App, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are not at least 13 years old, you must not access, sign-up with, register with, or use the App.
Accessing the App and Account Security.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the App, and any service or material we provide in the App, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the App is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the App, or the entire App, to users.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the App or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights.
The App and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer or device may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may download a single copy of the App to your computer or mobile device (collectively, “device”) solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our license agreement (see section titled “License.” above).
- If we provide social media or other interactive features, you make take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the App.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the App.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the App or any services or materials available through the App.
violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
The Company name, the term “Flipbook”, the Flipbook stylized logo (the Company logo), and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans in the App are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the App, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the App or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the App in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the App, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the App.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the App for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material in the App.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the App or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the App.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the App, the servers on which the App is hosted, or any server, computer or database connected to the App.
- Attack the App via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the App.
The App contains user shared photographs and digital images and may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal profiles, forums, bulletin boards, shared photo albums, photo streams, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) photographs, digital images, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, and other content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) in or through the App.
Company does not claim any ownership rights in any User Contributions made by any users to or in the App.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution to or in the App, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, reproduce, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, translate, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material, in any media formats, through any media channels, for any purpose.
We may display advertisements and promotions within the App, and you hereby agree that we may place such advertising and promotions in the App or on, about, or in conjunction with your User Contributions. The manner, mode, and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
We perform technical functions necessary to operate, manage, update, and maintain the App, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting User Contributions to allow its use throughout the App.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
- The posting and use of your User Contributions on or through the App does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any person.
- The posting of your User Contributions in the App does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of the User Contributions you post in or through the App.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the App.
Monitoring and Enforcement: Termination.
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the App.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the App. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY AND ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER
SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot and do not undertake to review all material before it is posted to or in the App, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of any interactive features within the App. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect users of the App to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that any User Contributions have been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed,
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material,
- your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address,
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law,
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner, and
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
Reliance on Information Posted.
The information presented by us in or through the App is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other user of the App, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The App may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other
users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the App.
We may update the content in the App from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material in the App may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website.
Links from the Website.
If the App contains links to other web sites, application, and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party website links within the App, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites, applications, or other resources.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the App will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the App for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR DEVICE, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE APP OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APP OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED IN IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE APP, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APP IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE APP, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APP ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO
THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE APP. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE APP, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APP WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE APP OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE APP OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APP WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE APP, ANY WEBSITES OR APPLICATIONS LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE APP OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR APPLICATIONS OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APP OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
Waiver and Severability.
Your Comments and Concerns.
The App is operated by Elevity, Inc., d/b/a Flipbook.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the Company in accordance with our Copyright Policy (see above) in the manner and by the means set forth therein. Such claims, and all other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the App should be directed to: email@example.com.